Ladysmith firefighters save Saltair home

Ladysmith firefighters save Saltair home

Blaze contained to the chimney

The quick work of Ladysmith firefighters on Thursday morning saved a two storey home from going up in flames.

The blaze occurred on Branksome Road off Chemainus Road just before 10 a.m.

More than a dozen firefighters responded to the scene as grey smoke billowed out of the turquoise craftsman style home. Chemainus firefighters also responded as mutual aid to assist with directing traffic.

Ladysmith Fire Chief Ray Delcourt said two women were inside when the fire started.

The blaze was contained to the chimney.

– Mike Gregory,

Ladysmith Chemainus Chronicle