Where there’s smoke, there’s usually fire, but not in this case.
Chemainus Fire Department members received a call Saturday afternoon to the former Kinney Clothing Co. location at 2881 Mill St. where they wound up dealing with smoke and no flames.
“The incident was the result of an industrial floor sander dust collection bag overheating and it produced some smoke,” explained the Municipality of North Cowichan’s Mike Dunn, local assistant to the fire commissioner.
Chemainus Fire crews ventilated the building. “No fire to extinguish, just vented some smoke,” noted Dunn.
Kinney Clothing Co. recently moved to 9768 Willow St.