Chemainus Fire Department members ventilate smoke at the former Kinney Clothing Co. location after a call Saturday afternoon. (Photo by Andrea Rondeau)

Chemainus Fire Department members ventilate smoke at the former Kinney Clothing Co. location after a call Saturday afternoon. (Photo by Andrea Rondeau)

Fire crews ventilate smoke at former Kinney Clothing Co. location

Industrial floor sander dust collection bag overheats

Where there’s smoke, there’s usually fire, but not in this case.

Chemainus Fire Department members received a call Saturday afternoon to the former Kinney Clothing Co. location at 2881 Mill St. where they wound up dealing with smoke and no flames.

“The incident was the result of an industrial floor sander dust collection bag overheating and it produced some smoke,” explained the Municipality of North Cowichan’s Mike Dunn, local assistant to the fire commissioner.

Chemainus Fire crews ventilated the building. “No fire to extinguish, just vented some smoke,” noted Dunn.

Kinney Clothing Co. recently moved to 9768 Willow St.

firefighters

 

Chemainus Fire Department trucks in the laneway behind the former Kinney Clothing Co. location Saturday afternoon. (Photo by Andrea Rondeau)

Chemainus Fire Department trucks in the laneway behind the former Kinney Clothing Co. location Saturday afternoon. (Photo by Andrea Rondeau)

There were no flames for Chemainus Fire Department members to extinguish, just some smoke to ventilate on Saturday afternoon at the old Kinney Clothing Co. location. (Photo by Andrea Rondeau)

There were no flames for Chemainus Fire Department members to extinguish, just some smoke to ventilate on Saturday afternoon at the old Kinney Clothing Co. location. (Photo by Andrea Rondeau)