The original telephone office (built circa 1930) and the house it reverted to at 9904 Maple St. Many women worked on the BC Tel switchboard in Chemainus in the 1950s. In 1960, Miss Doris Lawson retired as the switchboard system changed to dial. She had been at the job since 1945 when she took over Mrs. Daisy Bonde’s position. (Photo courtesy Chemainus Valley Museum)
Here’s the house in 2000 where the telephone company office was formerly housed. (Photo courtesy of the Chemainus Valley Museum)
Original telephone office in Chemainus.